Our Lady Health - Velankanni
Shrine Mass Timings
- 5.40 am : Morning Prayer in the Main Shrine
- 6.00 am : Mass in Tamil in the Main Shrine
- 7.00 am : Mass in Tamil in the Lower Basilica
- 8.00 am : Mass in Telugu in the Upper Basilica
- 9.00 am : Mass in Malayalam in the Lower Basilica
- 10.00 am : Mass in English in the Lower Basilica
- 11.00 am : Mass in Hindi in the Upper Basilica
- 12.00 noon : Mass in Tamil in the Lower Basilica
- 6.00 pm : Rosary and Litany in Tamil followed by Mass in Tamil in the Lower Basilica
- 7.30 am : Mass in Tamil in the Lower Basilica (Instead of at 7.00 am during the week)
- 5.00 am : (Additional) Mass in Tamil for the Parishioners of Vailankanni in the Lower Basilica
- 6.00 pm : Rosary, Novena Prayer, Benediction and Mass in Tamil in the Lower Basilica
- 7.00 am : Mass in Tamil at Our Lady’s Tank Chapel
- 5.45 am : Car Procession of Our Lady of Health around the Shrine Benediction and Mass in Tamil in the Lower Basilica
- 6.00 pm : Mass in Tamil Eucharistic Procession around the Shrine Sermon and Benediction from the front view of the Upper Basilica
- 5.30 pm : Car Procession of Our Lady of Health thought the Beach Road Blessing of the Sick with the Blessed Sacrament Benediction and Mass in Tamil in the Lower Basilica
- 9.00 pm : A Three-Hour Adoration to the Blessed Sacrament in the Main Shrine
- 9.00 am : A Healing and Fasting Prayer Service from 9 am to 4 pm at Vailankanni Retreat House
- One Hour Intercessory Prayer Service at Our Lady’s Tank Chapel after 7.00 am Mass
- 6.30 am : Mass in Tamil at Naduththittu Chapel
- Our Lady’s Car Procession around the Shrine on all the days
From 29th August to 8th September on every year
- 6:00 p.m. Flag Procession, Blessing hoisting of the flag,Litany Benediction
- 7:00 p.m. Mass in Tamil
- Liturgical Timings during Ten Novena Days in The Main Shrine.
- 5:00 a.m. Holy Mass, Blessing of the sick, Blessing with the statue of Our Lady of Health
- 8:00 p.m. Car Procession
In The Lower Extension Basilica
- 6:00 a.m. High Mass in Tamil
- 7:00 a.m. Holy Mass in Tamil
- 8:00 a.m. High Mass in English
- 10:00 a.m. Holy Mass in Tamil
- 11:00 a.m. Holy Mass in Konkani
- 12:00 noon Flag hoisting Mass in Tamil
- 4:15 p.m. Holy Mass in Marathi
- 6:30 p.m. Rosary, Novena Prayers, Litany, Sermon in Tamil and Benediction.
In The Upper Extension Basilica
- 6:00 a.m. Holy Mass in English
- 7:00 a.m. Holy Mass in Hindi
- 9:00 a.m. Holy Mass in Malayalam
- 4:00 p.m. Holy Mass in Telugu
- 5:00 p.m. Holy Mass in Tamil.
At Our Lady's Tank
- 6:00 a.m. Holy Mass in Tamil
- 5:00 p.m. Way of the Cross in the Holy Path (only on Friday)
At The Shrine Auditorium (on Feast Eve)
- 5:45 p.m. Rosary, Novena Prayers, Litany,followed by Pontifical High Mass presided over by His Excellency The Bishop of Thanjavur.
At The Main Shrine (on Feast Day)
- 6:15 a.m. Feast High Mass by His Excellency The Bishop of Thanjavur
- 6:00 p.m. Dismounting of our Lady's Flag.
Annual Feast Of Our Lady Of Health
- Celebrated from 29th August to 8th September - 8th September the Birth Day of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- More than 20 lakh pilgrims from all the corners of India and from other Countries throng the Shrine.
- Holy Mass is celebrated in six languages, fourteen times a day during the Feast.
- Car Procession of Our Lady of Health, takes place at 8.00 p.m.
- Everyday hoisting of the Our Lady's flag, takes place at 12.00 noon.
- The Grand Annual Feast commences with the hoisting of Our Lady's Flag at 6.30 p.m. on 29th August. The Bishop of Thanjavur is the main celebrant on this day.
- The Feast concludes with the dismounting of Our Lady's Flag at 6.00 p.m. on 8th September. The Rector & Parish Priest is the main celebrant on the concluding Mass.
- The Feast Mass is celebrated on 8th September at 6.15 a.m. in the Shrine open-air auditorium, presided over by the Bishop of Thanjavur.